Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Night #2: Starting to get a little gross

What kind of glue did they use in the 1960's

Sink removed, counter top off,  2 base cabinets gone

If you don't ever plan to remove your kitchen cabinets, do yourself a favor and don't think about what is under there. Gross.

Getting a little closer
The hardest part of last night was removing the cast iron sink. It fell through the hole which made lifting it a challenge. We are being very patient and after some trial and error decided to take the counter off to get it out. It may not look like much progress, but I tell you, this is a lot of work! We've put in about 5 hours on demo now because we just have the evenings.

I suppose I should admit that Josh had been working for a while to disconnect the pipes from the sink and remove the disposal. I walked up and poured my water down the drain. Which means I poured my water through a hole onto the floor. Good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment