Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pepperoncini Beef

These sandwiches are extremely easy. We first had them at ski weekend for dinner on Saturday. Brittany and Andrew made them and she got the recipe from a friend who I don't know so can't give credit. I did find a version of it at allrecipes.com.

Basically here's what you need
1 (3 lb) beef roast (round or rump)
1 jar of pepperoncini (found in the pasta aisle near the Italian sauces at your grocer)
Put the roast and pepperoncini in a crock pot. Turn on low for 6-8 hours. I added some chicken broth for good measure (would have preferred beef, all I had was chicken).

Remove meat from crock put and pull apart with 2 forks. Return meat to crock pot. Serve meat on hoagie bun with provolone or swiss cheese. It may be a good idea to put the sandwich together then zap it in the microwave for 20 seconds to allow the cheese to melt.
Serves 12.

These are a big hit at our house. Very easy, quite tasty. Do not serve with Doritos it wrecks the flavor. I suggest serving with tater tots or french fries. This is kind of spicy, or flavorful, depending on your perspective. If you don't prefer food with a kick, I'd cut back on the amount of pepperoncini.

Let me know what you think!

(I grabbed this picture from allrecipes, it is not my own).

No comments:

Post a Comment