Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Staying in touch with those that mean the most

Let's face it, it can be challenging to keep up with friends and family that you don't see very often. I have a lot of these people in my life: Grandma(s), Grandpa, BFF's (Carrie, Kylah, Amy, Zac, Court, the list just goes on and on...), Godmother, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins.  Thanks to a little invention called Facebook I believe we all have an easier time keeping up with the day to day activities than our parents did with their loved ones. But is Facebook really a good substitute for face to face visits or chats on the phone (or a good old fashion letter)? I don't believe so (is your Grandma on Facebook? Mine either).  The thing I love about the people I miss every day that I can't see them, is that when I do see them it is as if we haven't missed a single day and that is so much fun.

I got the idea for this post after having a special visit with one of these special people (Kylah).  She gave me a tip for doing better at staying in touch with Grandparents:
  • Mail pictures of you and your activities, they want to see what you have been doing
  • Call on your way into work at 7am. Let's face it, they've been up for at least 2 hours.
After recently losing a Grandparent this is more important to me than ever. I am really going to make a better effort at staying in touch with my long distance loved ones.
 
And how about a shout out to those people who become your own special people because they are your special peoples' special people?  Courtney's bachelorette party was an absolute blast (she thinks so too based on her expression)!

No comments:

Post a Comment