Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer time in Northern Michigan

I have been M.I.A. for an embarassingly long time. I have a few new recipes to share, those will come soon. In the mean time, what have we been up to the past 6 weeks or so? Well, since you asked...

We still don't have a/c and we've had a couple scorchers this summer. We have a ways to go, last year we hit 95 I believe.

 We have been enjoying our new dishwasher... sometimes squeaky fish needs a bath, too.
 We've been battling injuries. This happens to be a mis-diagnosed foot problem. Initially believed to be a hip or knee problem. The cone does not go over well hence the sad face.
 We watched our god-baby take her first steps (read: we taught her how to walk).
 We went to a USA vs. Canada soccer game at Ford Field. USA!
 We did some boating on Grandpa Bill's boat
 And some boating on Grandpa Al's boat. Griffin took his first dive in the water which was a bit of a shock. Thank goodness for his life jacket...
 We went to a graduation party with the Peters fam
 And we went to a baptism
All in all, its been a pretty busy summer! 4th of July was awesome - we had perfect weather up north. We still have a lot to look forward to including wedding showers, birthday parties, a trip to Chicago for girls weekend, a trip to Tampa for our anniversary, another trip up north, and a few weddings! Sorry for my lack of sharing. Don't worry, I'll be back.

P.S. I started a new job, too. I now work for Amway as a project manager managing the development of new products. Its really fun! I'm about a month in. I miss my friends at Crowe for those of you reading. This is a great opportunity and I'm really enjoying it! I can't wait until Im a few more months in and know what Im doing :)

Happy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment