Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Quick Honey Garlic Pot Roast

 

This is very easy and very good. I got the recipe out of my Better Homes and Gardens Cook Healthy Today cook book. For those of you who are into organic only recipes this will not be for you. Although I'm certain you could adjust the recipe quite easily. In fact I considered trying it but given busy schedules this week and the fact that I didn't have much time to spend in the grocery store, I went the easy route.


Here goes: Quick Honey-Garlic Pot Roast
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
305 calories, 9 grams of fat per serving

1 17 ounce package refrigerated beef roast au jus (I use 2 packages)
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 to 1.5 teaspoons bottled roasted minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups packaged peeled baby carrots, halved lengthwise
12 ounces tiny new potatoes, halved
1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges

Remove meat from package, reserving juices. In medium bowl combine juices, honey, Worcestershire sauce, roasted garlic, and pepper. Place meat in a large nonstick skillet. Place carrots, potatoes, and onion around meat. Pour honey mixture over meat and vegetables.






Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is heated through. Transfer meat and vegetables to a serving platter. Spoon sauce over meat and veggies.
Serve and enjoy!

I can't finish this post without mentioning  two very handy tools. First is the Wustof Santoko knife. I use this for everything. It is very handy.
 Second is this new handy chopper tool my friend Rachel got for me (how thoughtful by the way). It's from William Sonoma and you just switch out the blade for the veggie or fruit of choice and press down. Voila! Sliced onion.  I will mention the onion requires some extra umph I had to put the gadget on the floor and push down, hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment