Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Holidays

This year we will be in attendance at 11 holiday parties (at least). We're down a couple from last year's 13 and I haven't figured out how that happened, or maybe I just mis-counted.  Last year when we got home from party #13 I cried because the Garmin I received was not the Garmin I actually wanted and the Garmin I wanted was on sale but I couldn't bring myself to go to Target to make the exchange. Too much holiday partying?  I'd say so.  This year I am going to try and approach things a little differently.
  • Do not plan a bathroom remodel for the first week of December
  • Do not plan a vacation to Vegas for Thanksgiving
  • Start Christmas shopping online early
  • Take advantage of Black Friday for the best deals
  • Plan a weekend to do the big clean... corners, behind furniture, base boards, you know the drill. This is looking like December 18th.
  • Begin shopping early for hosting needs (festive plates, napkins, table covers). Save money by going to TJ Maxx and Marshall's
  • Im going to *try* to not worry if I don't have a brand new, complicated, impressive cookie recipe for every party
  • Wear dresses that are already in the closet with fun, new accessories
  • Order the Christmas card now (done today - check!) so I can begin addressing and mailing the week after Thanksgiving.
Here is a shot from our Christmas Party a couple of years ago.  

And here is a sneak peek at the star of our holiday card. I really do think he was having fun

No comments:

Post a Comment